Tagline

Monday, June 30, 2014

Never settle…


Is it just ME, or do you, too know too many people, especially women, who just always seem to accept what they are given?

Now, I’m not talking about accepting that your feet hurt by the end of the day or that you are not as understood as you want to be…I’m talking about accepting that whatever happens just happens.  I’m talking about women who don’t play an active enough role in their own lives!

I read a very interesting quote recently: something to the effect that once you settle for less than you deserve, you get less than you settled for…something like that and I am sorry I can- not give credit to the right party.

Once you settle, you accept.  Once you accept you acknowledge that “it’s good enough” – for you.
There is no woman in the world who deserves any less than anyone else in the world…please read that again…a third time if you need to…

Now, here’s the warning on THAT label:  it’s still your choice!

If you chose to accept, to settle, you’re not “allowed” to complain about it after the fact.

You CAN, however, change your mind and decide you want more, you deserve more and you are willing to do the work to achieve more.

Fair deal; don’t you think?

Sure it is.  It reminds me of a famous scene in a movie (NETWORK) in which people are shouting out their windows, “I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore!”

Try it; very liberating…now do something about it – because you can. 

Believe me, within the capacity of every woman is greatness.  Women are natural born leaders!  Day-in and day-out women share their incredible stories with us at The International Women’s Leadership Association.  They share how they overcame circumstances and situations others of us cannot comprehend by deciding to try to change them.

Many, many tiny steps add up to major leaps and in that journey is change and in that process is the unwillingness to settle.  In that process is declaring that I am worthy to the extent I am willing…

So, IS it just me, or do you, too realize that your right to choose gives you power over results ; power over your life.

Chose to never settle






No comments:

Post a Comment