Tagline

Monday, August 4, 2014

Aim high; no higher!


Is it just me, or do you, too, know folks who you believe let talents go unused, underdeveloped, wasted?

OUCH!  Just hope no-one puts you in that category; I’m hoping the same for myself!

I believe in dreaming.  I believe in wishing.  But as an ‘oldie but goodie’ song tells us, “…wishing and hoping and planning and dreaming won’t…………..”.

Fill in the blanks as you see fit !

I believe in the dreams of others.  I want things – good things – for others – sometimes more than they seem to want it for themselves, which, by the way, rarely works out well!

What I don’t understand is anyone who spends a life just dreaming, just wishing, just hoping.  “The world doesn’t owe you a living”, my Dad would say, “it’s up to you to go out and work for it and to earn it.” 

What sometimes gets in the way, especially for women, is the active role we assume in making everyone else’s dreams come true.  (So, have you helped someone’s dream come true or have you simply given them what they wanted?)  Sometimes, it’s the lack of belief in one’s self.  Sometimes, it simply not aiming high enough.

I am at the stage of life where there is more behind me than ahead of me as far as time goes, yet I believe the best can always be yet to come.  I don’t believe in excusing failure for not trying and I don’t believe in sitting around waiting for something to happen to me or for me.  I believe that my life is not a spectator sport and that simply showing up is NOT half the battle. 

We need to set goals – BIG goals.  We need to have audacious visions. We need to be engaged.  We need to take action.  We need to DO in order to HAVE and in HAVING, we can CONTRIBUTE.

This is not rocket science – by any means.  This is simply saying we don’t need to solve the age-old mystery of which came first: the chicken or the egg.  We can still enjoy the egg!!!

What I am saddened to see is any woman selling herself short. 

What I am saddened to see is any woman who gives up before she starts.

What I am saddened to see is any woman who does not believe in herself .

What I am baffled by is to see anyone set off on a journey not knowing in what direction to go up.

HERE”S THE DIRECTION:  UP!

Dare to dream and dare to dream big.

Don’t permit another to steal your dream,

Don’t steal anyone else’s dream!

So, IS it just me, or do you too, realize there are two kinds of dreams: the one’s you imagine as you sleep and may not even remember once you wake up and then there is the dream you begin living as soon as you wake up!
Live your dream!

Set your sights high – the higher the better. Expect the most wonderful things to happen, not in the future but right now. Realize that nothing is too good. Allow absolutely nothing to hamper you or hold you up in any way.

~Eileen Caddy

No comments:

Post a Comment