Tagline

Friday, December 7, 2012

Yes, I Believe


Is it just ME, or do you, too, get caught up in the lyrics of Josh Groban’s BELIEVE; not to mention the vocal perfection of the rendition!

If you are not familiar with what will, undoubtedly, become a Christmas classic, allow me to share some of the words; my gift to you….(even if you don’t know the melody, just read the words…)

Believe in what your heart is saying
Hear the melody that's playing
There's no time to waste
There's so much to celebrate
Believe in what you feel inside 
And give your dreams the wings to fly
you’ll have everything you need
If you just believe.

JUST BELIEVE!  Can it really be as simple as those two words make it sound?  I dare to guess this declarative may pose a problem to some.  And I get that; I understand that.

Life throws many challenges in the paths of women these days, at home, at work, and in the community.  While any given moment may seem an uphill struggle, at the end of the day, there should be peace in our hearts, a smile of satisfaction on our lips, maybe some aching bones, and – if we’re lucky – a few brain cells left to multiply and get us ready for the next day, and the next, and the next.

So, after a grueling day, what is it that gives you the strength and the courage the next morn to throw back the covers, plant your feet on the floor and start all over again?

I know, I know.  I can hear some saying, “Do I really have a choice”?

Yes, you do have a choice; we all have a choice.  Please BELIEVE the choice is always yours. Please BELIEVE you have everything you need within you to make the right choice – most of the time. As the song says, “Believe in what your heart is saying”.

For me, it goes something like this:  if I am happy (enough) with the outcome of yesterday, I choose to do my best to duplicate or improve upon it today; I BELIEVE that makes sense.  If yesterday weren’t a day I’d like to repeat, I choose to make (at least attempt) the necessary changes.  I BELIEVE that makes sense.  Not all that complicated!

 I re-learn (and experience) every day that if I don’t choose, I give another the power to choose for me.  If that works for you, great.  If allowing someone else to make choices for you isn’t comfortable, then “…BELIEVE what you feel inside…” and choose for yourself.  Choose to find the right balance day-by-day based on what’s most important.  (i.e.  I’m OK if someone else chooses what we tune-into on TV at 11pm – I probably won’t make it past the first set of commercials, anyway – and that’s a choice I surrender to a higher power.  On that one, BELIEVE me, I don’t always get to choose.)

BELIEVE that every one of your choices was based on what you were feeling was right at that time.

BELIEVE that choices made that didn’t turn out as you had hoped don’t define you.

BELIEVE that every new day empowers you and you are empowered to make a difference for others.

BELIEVE that while the rear-view mirror gives you clarity, it is only in looking forward that you have a 
chance to make new choices, different choices, better choices.  IF YOU BELIEVE.

So, IS it just me, or do you get what 8 magical lines from a song that – if I could choose -  would be sung every month of the year - mean in the life of a woman who chooses to BELIEVE she has everything within her to achieve the life she dreams of having and the life that she deserves?     
All together, now…
Believe in what your heart is saying
Hear the melody that's playing
There's no time to waste
There's so much to celebrate
Believe in what you feel inside 
And give your dreams the wings to fly
you’ll have everything you need
If you just believe

Another angel just got her wings; congratulations
(it’s you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment