Tagline

Friday, April 19, 2013

It’s “HELL ON WHEELS”



I mean.. "HELL ON WHEELS”

Is it just ME, or do you, too, recognize that high-heels do have their place – and their limits.

Let me get it right out there – I am a shoe girl! 

BUT, I don’t wear them on the beach, I don’t exercise in them, I don’t garden in them and I don’t walk my puppies in them! 

Let’s get this right out there, as well.  Kudos to all women serving in the military; all branches, every countries.  You are the epitome of so many things and I have the utmost respect for you.

SO, you are wondering…why are we talking “high-heels” and “women in the military” in the same piece?

Well, believe it or not, women serving in the North Korean army WEAR HIGH-HEELS – ON THE JOB; THAT’S MARCHING –HAVE YOU EVER SEEN HOW THEY MARCH?
 
A recent news piece showed a trio of North Korean women in full military uniform, on patrol, in their high heels…

First of all, it looks so bazaar.  Jimmy Choo, himself, cannot make up for the downside of a military uniform!

Secondly, how many consecutive hours can ANY woman do the high-heel thing -  while marching?  I wouldn’t even ENTER that contest and I’m  pretty much a pro!

To be honest, I was surprised that North Korea even have women in the military.  Maybe they really don’t. The propaganda coming from and about North Korea has certainly escalated in the last couple of months.  Is this just more of the same?

When a country acknowledges the contribution women can make in its military service, as Israel has done for generations, it suggests to me they have established more equality between the genders – good news, wherever you are.

I am certainly no expert on North Korean military policy – let alone North Korean fashion, but shall I expect to see their military men donning high-heels any time soon?

If their military strategy is to distract the enemy, well, BRAVA.

Here’s what I really think…and this is not a new military strategy by any means, in fact, it’s very, very old…


Centuries ago, many armies opposed the enemy with their strongest, tallest forces in the front.  They wanted their enemies to be “impressed” with their show of force, to be frightened and to be left wondering who or what was to come from behind the front line.  Many armies were so doubtful of their own strength by comparison, they simply turned and retreated!

Well, I’m all for staving off the battle, but this is 2013.  Intelligence today is a bit more – well, intelligent.  Donning high-heels is hardly acceptable military strategy for any country claiming such powerful nuclear capability.  We accept North Korea has one of the world’s largest armies; they should accept they will never be the tallest, with, or without high-heels!

So, IS it just me, or have your feet suddenly started to hurt just thinking about this? 
       
IMPRESSED?

No comments:

Post a Comment