Tagline

Monday, September 23, 2013

Eighteen hours later!


Is it just ME, or do  you, too, find excitement where others may ‘just not get it’?

True story…..

Last night, September 19, 2013, I left the office much earlier than I usually do; it was about 6:15 p.m.  My purpose, or so I thought, was to arrive home to get ready for a conference call originating from Australia.
I started the car. From the dashboard, the car radio spoke to me in familiar voices; it was tuned to Sports Radio.  Within one-quarter mile of the office, a woman’s voice chimed in.  It drew my attention as it was a new voice with a new message – particularly on this station.

With no time to truly focus on the story being shared, I did pick up bits and pieces:  started a business with no money…worked hard…sold to a 6 billion dollar company…can teach you to do the same …. name …phone number…repeated name…repeated phone number….

I got her first name, Sheila.  I got the area code…

BUT, what I really got was excited!  I had to find this woman.  I knew I wanted to speak with her…Who was she?  What is her last name?  How will I find her?  Still excited, nonetheless!

Flash forward a whole 18 hours….

I am at a business luncheon with one of our community partners, Women’s Prosperity Network…arriving a bit late was a woman who came right to my table and seated herself directly across from me.  I eyed her name tag…you guessed it…it was Sheila!

“Oh, my gosh”, I (think I) said, “I think I heard you on the radio last night.”   “Yes”, she replied, “that was me.”

Now, come on…this was just eighteen hours later.  I hadn't figured out how I was even going to be able to begin to search for her:  call the radio show, Google and in she walks and in minutes we are about 5 feet from each other having lunch; SHE FOUND ME!

We chatted, determined we would explore options between us, ate brownies!  SHE FOUND ME!

AND, guess what…the conference call I was headed for, what I thought was the reason I was even in my car at that moment – never happened.  SHE FOUND ME!

My last blog was about creating opportunity, to always be looking for it, to always be creating and to see it where it is and to know it is there for a reason – and there’s a reason when it’s not there, too!

The Good Book tells us to ‘seek and we shall find, the ask and it will be given to us, to knock and the door will be opened to us’ – this was never a secret, let alone “The Secret”.

I promise you, your blessings are there, you are a blessing to others and you lack nothing – unless you chose to go through life with blinders on while whistling a happy tune and not recognizing the universe is calling YOUR NAME.

So, IS it just me, or do you, too, have one of these wonderful ‘coincidental’ (NOT!) stories in your life…please share them…send them to me at beth@theiwla.com.


It was Sports Radio!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment