Tagline

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

An Attitude of Gratitude


Is it just ME, or do you, too, recall moments in your life when you just didn't feel appreciated, or when you could have appreciated others more?

I guess we all have.  It’s not a fulfilling experience; one I try not to create for others in either direction.


In a recent Blog, I wrote about what differentiates happy people from their counterparts.  Prime on the list was that happy people maintain an attitude of gratitude.  Sounds simple enough; we must strive for this - at least 51% of the time!


Below, is a quote that recently came across my desk.  All I want to say is, “Thank you, Melody.  You remind us that simple things, though not always easy, are always possible.   You humble me as you make evident that the power to be grateful is within each of us; it is yet another choice we get to make.

Please read and contemplate these amazing thoughts of Melody, which, once read, makes it seem too obvious for us to have ever missed an opportunity to have an attitude of gratitude in our day-to-day lives.  If it is that obvious,  it is that possible.

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. ~Melody Beattie

I am going to leave it there; Melody said it all.

So, IS it just me, or are you, too making a list of all that you have to be grateful for?
 
I hope it’s a long list!


No comments:

Post a Comment