Tagline

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

You are only as old as you feel…


Is it just ME, or do you, too, love knowing people who have no idea how old they are?

Who doesn’t know how old they are???

A handful of years, or so, ago, my husband and I went to a Tina Turner concert.  She announced she was soon to turn 70!  Unbelievable!

When lauding the event to others I said, “She has no idea she is 69 years old; and don’t anyone tell her!”

There she was, up on stage, hanging from a cherry-picker, climbing ladders…she was…how old?

I grew-up the daughter of parents who were forever ‘young at heart’ (one of my favorite old time classics!) and I learned to appreciate the carpe diem perspective of life.  Do what you can when you can.  Don’t wait; tomorrow is promised to no one; eventually it is denied.

People talk about ‘bucket lists’; some buckets are overflowing.  The one with the most in their bucket list is not the winner!  I think a bucket list with one “to do” would be great.  In other words, don’t keep dreaming, hoping, wishing.  As Nike says, “Just do it”.

When I came across this video, I knew I would have to share it; it’s wonderful; SHE is wonderful – we all can be.

Please take a look… smile… then get up and do something you have been thinking about and enjoy the thrill of crossing it off the list.  Rinse.  Repeat.


So, is it just ME, or would you, too, love to be invited to her 103rd birthday party?   I can only imagine.


You go girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment