Tagline

Monday, November 11, 2013

A bright light, indeed!



Today’s blog is a bit different, as I share the thoughts, words and visions of TheIWLA member Ekaterina Arnaoutova…

The Light Within

A moment before getting onstage, when the crowds are waiting, something special happens. Something that makes my heart beat faster, that makes my whole body tingle, a feeling of excitement suddenly seizes me.

It's hard to measure success sometimes; for some it's money, for others fame, or maybe winning a gold medal, but if success is linked to happiness, then you must ask yourself what really makes you happy as an individual, and as a person?  Are you following a predetermined path laid by your family, your friends, or society? Do you feel as if you're always answering the needs of others rather that listening to your own desires? It's not easy to always indulge yourself with everything you might possibly wish for, but if you take a step back, look at yourself from a distance, how would you qualify your own success? Do you feel like you are happy, or just satisfied?

Ever since the age of two, happiness was putting on a costume, going onstage, and performing to a crowd of thousands. Hearing them hold their breath in anticipation, laughing, screaming, and roaring with applause is where I found myself to be in complete bliss. This feeling of deep satisfaction, of pride, and belonging is my treasure at the end of the rainbow. Suddenly, I forget about all the sacrifices I've made to be where I am; all the hours of sweat, pain, and tears. Suddenly, it all makes sense.

Today, having spent over 28 years onstage, traveled the world, and shared my art with millions; I wish to inspire others to find their own light within. It takes a lot of courage to be able to open yourself up, to be vulnerable, to expel this energy hidden deep within ourselves, to break down walls, obstacles, and fears.
Knowing what to hold onto, finding the right communication skills, and creating a balance of the power in the mind of the beholder are key elements.

"To achieve success, you must want it as much as you need to breathe."

I have been in the entertainment business all my life. Born as third generation in a family of renowned Russian circus acrobats, I have been performing ever since I knew how to walk. I learned the hard way, what it meant to breath, how crucial it actually is to respire, and how far it will take you. In my world, you have to make sure that's it's the audience's role to hold their breath, not yours. Learning how to breathe through tricks, flights, and feats, is an art form in itself. I think that this applies to anything in life: when you breathe, you take the time to make better decisions, which consequently lead you to better achievements.

In order to fulfill your desires, you must know what you’re aiming for: to want it as much as you would need air. When I'm training to achieve a new trick, soaring in the air and defying gravity, I have to make sure that I can consistently accomplish this sequence many times in a row. Over and over again, the same feat, through bruises, blood, and tears, over and over again. When I get to a point where I feel like I'm completely exhausted and I can't do it anymore, that is when it becomes primal to do it again. One last time, with all the reserve power within, because once you can do that, you know that you've broken through your wall, refined your abilities, and created true strength.

For me, when I hear applause at the end of my act, when I get a standing ovation, when I hear audiences cheering and screaming, when I see tears of joy rolling down people’s faces, that's when I know I've succeeded. Being able to reach and touch my audience emotionally is food to my soul. That's what makes me happy.  I wish that you can find your project, goal, or dream and act upon it. Who we are is defined by our own desires, ambitions, and destinies. We are all individuals, and we must search for our own light within and our inner potential as either woman or man.
                              
Thank you, Ekaterina; beautiful.


Keep your light shining brightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment