Tagline

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Wall


Is it just ME, or do you, too sometimes feel as though you’ve hit “the wall” – or that the wall has hit you?

Something tells me I am not alone.  In fact, many of you have told me I am not alone; I am in good company.

So, what is this wall?  What is this force that seems to have power over us to such a degree that it stops us in our tracks?

I believe the answer to that question is a four-letter word!!  It’s  L – I – F - E;  it happens and not always when we feel most able to deal with it, to handle it, to get on with it.

Recent conversations and circumstances remind me that it is in these very moments that we must call upon ourselves and dig deep inside ourselves so as to come out on the other side and get past that wall.

I am one to want to understand the “why” of moments such as these.  In some cases, the whys are so obtuse they explain themselves.  In other moments, they seem more subtle, though no less challenging or threatening.

Among the many life lessons my Mother taught me was that the rear-view mirror explains everything.  What’s important is to stay in the present, to keep moving and to move past the wall by climbing over it or going around it.  Most importantly, don’t just stare at it; for it is staring back and in that glance may come doubt, fear or over-thinking.

When the dust settles and your focus sharpens, you will remember your “why” and if it is strong enough you will easily reduce that wall to tiny pieces that raise it to the ground.  Then, you can keep moving forward.

These days, it seems that many give up too easily when things don’t go as easily as one would hope or wish.  WOW!  If easy facilitation were the most urgent motivator, think of all the wonderful things that have been accomplished that would have been given up on!  Remember your “why”, keep your goals in sight, be prepared to do some demolition along the way; you will conquer the thickest of walls. 
   
So, IS it just me, or do you, too feel up to some “wall climbing”. 


Climb…climb…climb


No comments:

Post a Comment