Tagline

Monday, January 6, 2014

Give yourself the best “present”


Is it just ME, or will you, too admit to the next Monday, next month, next year…..

On this one, I KNOW I am not alone, and actually I have gotten much better at not putting things off.  Why?  Well, because it makes absolutely no sense to put things off. 

Life is not a dress rehearsal and we shouldn’t count on curtain calls!  We have three perspectives:  the past, the present, the future.

It’s easy to bask in both the glories and the disappointments of the past; it serves no purpose.  It’s over.  The take-away was the lesson learned; did you learn from it?  Great!  MOVE ON.

It’s just as easy to dream about the future.  Dreaming is not always a bad thing, but, it is a passive thing.  We usually do it supine and with our eyes closed!!

What I believe to be true is that what matters most is what we are doing right NOW; how are we managing our PRESENT; what we are doing right now.
Having just celebrated the holiday season and having turned the page of another calendar year, we often find ourselves making all sorts of promises – resolutions, we call them.  Interesting word; let’s break it down…it seems to mean to solve  - again.  That suggests we really didn’t solve it the first time!

Here’s my “resolution”:  not to try to resolve anything!  There, I said it.  My 2014 decision is to live in the now, my now, and to be in every moment as completely and as happily as possible.
 
I will focus on the present and in so doing will be giving myself the most perfect present 365/24/7.   Selfish?  Perhaps, a bit, but in having your best present, you can be the best present to everyone and in every moment.  Selfish?  Yeah, perhaps a bit, but I am OK with that.  I’m OK with selfishly wanting to be my best to help  others be or find their best.  YEAH, I’M OK WITH THAT!  ILL GLADLY ACCEPT THAT GIFT, THAT PRESENT, FROM OTHERS, AS WELL!

The holidays permit us to reminisce, to recall the wonders of years gone by, to smile at what a former “present” means to us in hind-sight; often more than it may have meant in the moment.  Human nature, I suppose; no apology here, for I am known to tell stories of the past, my past.  In the end, it is those stories that have brought me – and you – to the present.  They have made us who we are and it is good to be proud of that.

I’m a dreamer, too, but I do a lot of my dreaming with my eyes open and my feet moving; that’s how dreams become realities; that’s how actively dreaming in the present actualizes a wonderful tomorrow.

This is my first blog for 2014 and there is so much I want to share.  2013 blessed me with many new relationships with amazing women who have humbled me and inspired me.  I want to share it all with you…I want that to be my present to you throughout the new year.

I wish you all the best of this new year.

I urge you to take the lessons of yester-year and use them to live in the present.

I hope that each new today brings you hope, possibility and purpose – and I hope you recognize them all.

I encourage you not to  just dream, but to envision your future and plan how using today to its greatest potential with help you realize your dreams.

I hope you realize and accept your own greatness – whatever it may be – and in each and every day, maximize it, share it, grow from it.

I pray the new year brings you peace in every way.

May I now ask you to be an agent of change for others, to support other women in all they seek to do, to make your dream of a better world a fact while you are here to enjoy it and to KNOW that at the heart of every woman lies greatness.

So, IS it just me, or do you, too, envision 2014 a better world for all of us?

Dare to dream; dare to do!

Happy New Year.



No comments:

Post a Comment