Tagline

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Sisters!


Is it just ME, or do, you, too, feel your sisters are among your greatest gifts?

Sure you do!

My blessings in life are numerous; I am aware – and grateful – of every single one of them.  Among the greatest are the gifts of my two sisters:  Janice and Donna.

We've worn many hats in life’s journey together: roommates, business partners…now, best friends.  We are each other’s go-to peeps who have the assurance of kind and listening ears, kinder and better listening hearts.  We are sisters, after all.



Janice, Donna and I have shared – well – life!  Aside from parents, our home, hair ribbons, shoes(!); pretty much every collective memory. We have shared our faith, out hope and our love.  






In addition to my two biological sisters, I have two wonderful sisters-in-law – lucky to have married two of my three brothers!! (I really mean that!) Could it get any better?

Well, for me, it has.  They share their ten amazing children with me; the good and the bad (there are no uglies!).  The next generation is blooming and two new great nieces are an added bonus!

Then there are those rare gifts of the girls who came into my life as far back as the third grade: “sisters”, indeed!  Reliable, interested, available on demand!

It is said that the relationship among sisters is the deepest of all.  We tend to share the greatest amount of time together as we outlive of parents and meet our mates later.  No argument here:  it is deep and it is profound.

Now, here’s the really great part: sisters are everywhere.  Some are pure gifts (thanks Mom and Dad), others are gifts we give ourselves.  Either way, the gift of women in our lives who accept us, support us, believe in us and do all of this so unconditionally is one that sustains us beyond measure.

Please think about who the sisters are in your life.  If you are not coming up with any, think harder; they are there.  You might not even know their names, perhaps you haven’t even met them yet; perhaps you never will; they are still there.  They will always be there.

Sisters are today’s driving force behind new businesses, changing public policy, shifting governments, volunteering, getting things done; not to mention ensuring the continuity of the world!  Oh, yeah, that!

Sisters represent highly educated, highest paid, head-of-household wonder-women who still find time to attend the meetings, bake the cupcakes, carpool and volunteer.  Kudos to the husbands and Dads who are participating more and more:  it gives women more time to do other things!

I love my brothers no less than I love my sisters; my husband is my best friends.  This is not comparing, it is not bashing.  It is a celebration of what women can – and should be - to other women: same parents, or not! 

So, IS it just me, or will you, too, join-in and wish my sisters, Janice and Donna, the happiest of birthdays and celebrate them with me on August 14th and August 15th

Sisters!
 Need more sisters? 
TheIWLA is here for you… 



   

No comments:

Post a Comment